Children's Toy Boxes Can Be Forever

I love boxes-toy boxes, storage boxes, file boxes, and any other type box. I was about ten when I was given a toy box that was about 12" L x 12" W x 10" H. I remember how satisfying it was to check out all of my treasures that it contained. One Christmas not too long ago, my sister picked up an old wooden box and painted it with four places that continually spark wonderful memories. I use it as a file box and an art object. I always get a compliment on it when friends see it for the first time.

Toy Chest With Shelves

I used decoupage to decorate a toy box with pirate treasure maps for my son when he was a teen. It was about the same size as my first toy box. He still has it at the age of forty. Where he used to keep toys in it, he now keeps important papers.

Toy Chest With Shelves

For my grand daughters, my sister and I made boxes that could be placed on their sides and stacked to make houses for the 12" dolls. These boxes were great because they could be set right side up after the creative play had ended and they were perfect for storing the toys. All of the furniture, dolls, cars, horses and so forth could be put in the wooden boxes.

Then the grand daughters wanted a "real" doll house. So my sister and I make a two story with an attic for them. It was about four feet tall and about three feet wide. They were really excited about it when they saw it that Christmas morning. This house was played with it for five years or more. Our efforts were certainly rewarded. Then when the girls got too old for dolls, the house was used for shelves.

If you like toys as much as I do, you will become very creative at choosing unique toy storage products that can be used for many things and never become useless. One time a guest to our home wanted to know if we had a day care because there were so many toys in the play room. At that time we regularly had four children under the age of four for extended visits. You want your storage units to be versatile and become heirlooms so be sure to choose quality and craftsmanship.

Children's Toy Boxes Can Be Forever
Toy Chest With Shelves

Digital Slr Lens Crib Graco